<< BACK TO DOCTORS PAGE
Physician Scholars Program
SUPPORTING CONTINUED EDUCATION AND INSPIRATION FOR DOCTORS
If you are an independent, private practice, Montage Medical Group, or hospital-based physician, we welcome you to apply for the Montage Health Foundation Physician Scholars Program.
The program is designed to provide grants of $10,000–$25,000 for up to two years to support the following types of activities:
- A short sabbatical to conduct research, and/or write and edit a clinical paper
- Attendance at a conference, workshop, or training event to advance clinical and/or leadership skills
- Attendance at an off-site, extended education program that advances clinical and/or leadership skills
- Request for an outside physician to come on-site to teach and/or learn new and advanced techniques
- Education outreach, to serve other organizations by training future physicians, nurse practitioners, and others in advanced practices and procedures used at Montage Health
- Member of Community Hospital’s medical staff in good standing (including independent, private practice, Montage Medical Group, or hospital-based physicians)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or service to the medical community or broader community, such as:
- Holding hospital leadership role such as department chair or vice chair
- Involved committee member
- Extensive volunteerism
Application and award process*
- Online proposal: Please complete and submit the online proposal below. Attach your curriculum vitae or current biography and a letter of recommendation from a peer leader (member of the Medical Executive Committee, chief medical officer, program medical director, etc.). Deadline for submission is October 1. The Grants Subcommittee will meet on that cycle to review proposals. If an educational opportunity arises that is time-sensitive, please contact Kevin Causey, vice president/chief development officer, at (831) 658-3630.
- Interview: If the Montage Health Foundation Grants Subcommittee selects your proposal, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Award notification: If selected, you will receive an award letter from Montage Health Foundation.
- Outcomes reporting: Recipients must provide written reports on the use of the award as described at right.
- Community awareness: A news release and photo about the work will be submitted to local media and shared via Montage Health social media, websites, etc.
- 6-month written progress report
- May include annual written report, with status and/or report/presentation to Grants Committee and donors
- Final outcome report if multi-year award
- Submit reports to Kevin Causey at email@example.com
PHYSICIAN SCHOLARS CLASS OF 2019
- Application deadline: October 1, 2019
- Interviews: Mid-October 2019
- Recipients notified: November 1, 2019
*Application does not ensure funding. A limited number of awards are available.