<< BACK TO DOCTORS PAGE
Physician Scholars Grant
SUPPORTING YOUR CONTINUED EDUCATION AND INSPIRATION
This grant was inspired by the generosity of local residents William and Susanne Tyler, for whom our Tyler Heart Institute is named. If you are an independent, private practice, Montage Medical Group, or hospital-based physician, we welcome you to apply for a Physician Scholars grant. The program provides grants of $10,000–$25,000 for up to two years to support these types of activities:
- A short sabbatical to conduct research, and/or write and edit a clinical paper
- Attendance at a conference, workshop, or training event to advance clinical and/or leadership skills
- Attendance at an off-site, extended education program to advance clinical and/or leadership skills
- Visit by an outside physician to come onsite to teach and/or learn new and advanced techniques
- Education outreach, to serve other organizations by training future physicians, nurse practitioners, and others in advanced practices used at Montage Health
- $10,000 – $25,000 a year for up to two years
- Support for travel expenses: Hotel: $350/night, meals: $75/day
- You may request payment via check or ACH electronic transfer
- Completed W-9 is required to process payment
- You will receive a 1099 for the award amount
- Member of Community Hospital’s medical staff in good standing (including independent, private practice, Montage Medical Group, or hospital-based physicians)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or service to the medical community or broader community, such as:
- Holding hospital leadership role such as department chair or vice chair
- Involved committee member
- Extensive volunteerism
- Include your curriculum vitae or current biography and a letter of recommendation from a peer leader (member of the Medical Executive Committee, chief medical officer, program medical director, etc.)
- You may apply four times over a two-year period. After the fourth proposal, you must wait one year to reapply.
Deadline (Two opportunities a year to submit your proposal)
Proposal and Award Process*
- Online proposal: Please complete and submit the online proposal email@example.com or by clicking the button below. If an educational opportunity arises that is time-sensitive, please contact Kevin Causey, vice president/chief development officer, at (831) 658-3630.
- Award notification: If selected, you will receive a telephone call and an award letter from Montage Health Foundation.
- Outcomes reporting: Recipients must provide written reports on the use of the award.
- Grand Rounds presentation: You will be asked to share your results with your colleagues.
- Community awareness: A news release and photo about the work will be submitted to local media and shared via Montage Health social media, websites, etc.
- Final written outcome report
- If multi-year request, a mid-point progress report is required
- Presentation to Grand Rounds to share knowledge and experiences
- May include presentation to Foundation Grants Committee, donors, and/or board members
- Submit reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application does not ensure funding. A limited number of awards are available.